The SPCK/USA Book Depot
Please do not ship books to Cowan!
All books are to be shipped to SPCK, PO Box 879 Sewanee, TN 37375
Monday and Friday’s from 10am – 2pm
We will be open the 1st Saturday of each month from 10-2pm
Please call before you visit the SPCK/USA Book Depot and
Always leave a phone message if no one answers.
The staff and trustees of SPCK/USA thank our many donors who have supported this ministry with gifts of recycled theological books and vestments. Before you ship or bring theological books and vestments to the SPCK/USA Book Depot, please read the following:
- Review the list below to see the books we are accepting.
- Check on the vestment needs listed.
- If you are planning to bring your items, please call the office to see when we are there. (931) 598-1103. The office usually has a staff member present on Monday from 10:00a – 2:00p and Friday from 10:00a – 2:00p. Please NEVER leave the books outside the door of the Book Depot. The staff will make every effort to accommodate your schedule if we know a couple of weeks in advance. Always call before you visit.
- Please note below the books/items we do not take and the books/items we do take.
- Please consider sending a gift with the books you bring. Your gift helps SPCK/USA send your books where they are needed.
- Major theologicans
- New & Old Testament
- Church History
- Current Commentaries
- Anchor Bibles
- Pastoral Care – current
- General Christianity
What we do not want:
- Choir robes
- Journals or Magazines
- Books published before 1960, unless it is a major work or major theologian
- Sunday School materials
- The Old Interpreters Bible
- Spiral bound teaching materials
- Table top Bible books
- General books about the lands of the Bible
- Books that spine is torn and/or pages are falling out